Wednesday

WORKING WOMAN!

My first day back to work finally happened. After a lot of worrying and anticipation . . . it wasn't so bad. Todd stayed home with Dalton and they did fine without me, playing and watching Disney movies. After going into Dalton's nursery and peeking at him literally 10 times before I left, I was fine too. I guess I wanted to make sure I didn't forget what he looked like. HAHA. I was happy to see my best work friend Toni was there to keep me company. I didn't really get to ease back in, I walked into a patient's room who was screaming for an epidural. Now being the new experienced mother that I am, I understand just how crucial it was for her to get the epidural IMMEDIATELY! So I jumped right in and called the anesthesiologist. As he was there and attempting her epidural, the woman who had been 4 centimeters just minutes before was now exclaiming that she needed to push. This was also something I understood totally!!! We stopped the epidural and I found that she was now ready to push. Her doctor was AT HOME! So needless to say, I had a crazy morning almost delivering the baby MYSELF, but I did find a doctor to deliver the 5lb 5oz. peanut!
The afternoon slowed down and I had time to pump for Dalton to replace the freezer stored milk that Todd was using. This was something that I was worried about. I didn't want to have to give Dalton formula for these 3 days a month that I will be working. That seemed unneccesary, but of course I would do whatever in order to provide for Dalton. So I was happy to find time to pump at work. I suppose they are a little more understanding when it comes to that since I do work in Labor and Delivery.
That's all for now. I'm working again Saturday, and then not again until April 1st.

No comments: